Anti Wrinkle Treatment (Allergan Botox)
‘We Do Aesthetics’ anti-wrinkle treatment is often more commonly known as ‘Botox’. It is a small injection in to the muscles in your face using a very fine needle.
Botox is a drug made from a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botulinum toxin is toxic but, when purified and used in tiny, controlled doses, it can be used effectively to relax excessive muscle contraction.
According to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, these injections are the most popular cosmetic procedure nationwide.
It takes 24 to 72 hours for botulinum toxin to take effect.
The effects last for 6–12 months, depending on the treatment and the client.
The most frequent areas for treatment are:
• Frown lines, also called glabellar lines or “elevens”
• Wrinkles around the eyes, (crow’s feet)
• Horizontal creases in the forehead
• Lines at the corners of the mouth
There are as always, some circumstances where anti-wrinkle injections are not recommended, including:
• Clients with a skin infection
• Clients who are unwell in any way
• Clients who have a neuromuscular condition (e.g. myasthenia gravis)
• Clients who are on medication (to be discussed in your consultation)
• Clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding